My roommate and I had the choice of taking a quick and cheap flight to the coast in Alicante, Spain for the weekend and laying on the beach. Or taking an hour train ride North to Ulm, the birthplace of Einstein.
We chose Ulm.
And there are no regrets!
Einstein's home used to sit right here, but now it is marked by a very - what's the word to use- unique landmark that I am sure has some mathematic value.
After searching and searching we found this building, figuring it was Einstein's original house. We were all about to call it a day, but it seemed a little too modern for the early 1900's. I am thinking with that realization, we must all be as smart as Einstein himself.
The Spanish crew, who my roommates and I taught the legendary game of Beirut to the night before. Can you tell? They had never played before and in quick, cut-throat strikes took a seasoned Phi Gamma Delta brother down and me, who is the queen of talking smack.
Another church where you can walk up 1,000 steps to get to the top and back down again. After my experience in Cologne, I passed on this opportunity.
The attention to detail is so crazy and it makes me wonder why we don't see more gothic stylings in our architecture in the states. Probably b/c it would cost upwards of a billion dollars to recreate this, but how cool would it be to have this at the end of your street!
We ate lunch here and of course biergartens are not hard to find. It was the first day that the sun was really shining. This gave me a head start on my sun burn and now it has melted into a beautiful golden bronze. It has been in the high 60's every day lately, which seems a lot better than Maine at this point.
This photo was taken by pressing the "kick-ass" button! Wouldn't you agree;)
A lot of the houses sit on stone foundations smack dab in the middle of the Danube River. It's an awesome concept, but makes me wonder what the insurance must be like.
I just thought this was a very pretty house. The Willow Tree has a lot to do with that. Willow Trees make any property look better and I am pretty sure they are illegal to cut down in the Maine. A very relevant fact here, I know.
I do agree, you've definitely found the kick-ass button. Be sure not to tell anyone else where it is though because everybody has to find it on their own! Looks like that place was a good spot to eat lunch, still doesn't beat flatbreads though.
ReplyDelete