So I guess I am a real author now! Just by having a blog, I feel as though I can say that. (Isn't that how the movie Julie and Julia first came to fruition? She started a blog and it gained recognition and soon enough she had a book deal and a movie!) It is kind of like when you play guitar hero for long enough, you can be considered a real rock star!
I already feel like a rock star though. I just drove cross-country for the first time, landed in Northern Idaho and am getting ready to snowboard on some of the freshest POW I have ever seen or felt! Not bad for 1 week after my college graduation!
I remember being such a scared college first-year at UMaine. In fact, convulsively crying in my new dorm room from fear isn't that much of a stretch from the truth. I couldn't see the bigger picture and had no idea what was waiting for me. Well how could I have imagined where I am now?
After a Summer of serious soul-searching - we all have to say that cliche phrase once, twice or 20 times in our lives - I discovered the power of positive thought. If all you believe are good things and can put a positive spin on the negative and live your life with integrity then fear really isn't much of an issue. A friend's mother even lives by my new favorite quote: "feed your faith and your fears will starve!" Well I have faith that everything always works out and being fearless here in Idaho is perfect proof of that!
No comments:
Post a Comment