I kind of like eating alone. Typically I do it if there is a bar seat available as to look less "alone," but there wasn't a real bar with seats to do so, so I took a table. I felt really exposed doing that, because waitresses typically hate to wait on singles because it means a lower bill and therefore a lower tip. Anyway I like pushing myself out of my comfort zone and it is important to be able to eat by myself.
One thing that wasn't on my radar when I moved out here was the factor of smell making me miss home. The smell of my perfume, soap and conditioner hasn't permeated the carpet, curtains or towels of my apartment. This is one thing I will have to remember when I finally settle into my own apartment; find a scent of potpourri that makes me feel like home. Pine, anyone?
They have been giving me a lot more responsibility at work, which is awesome. I am working on ads that are going to be displayed around the mountain to promote our merchandising and restaurants around the resort. I have been working a lot with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, which is exactly what I wanted to do when I walked into this office. It's great that my directors are listening to me and making sure I get the most out of my experience out here.
I had to go and take a pictures of the local coffee shop to have advertising quality pictures for our future graphic projects. Jobs like those aren't always glamorous, but I had a lot of fun. Mondays are typically deserted so that was perfect to pretend I am a professional photographer in public. I went all in. I had coffee beans spilled all around the mugs, I ensured the swirl in the latte was perfect and the fire was going and so on. Before I knew it an hour and half had passed and I was having a great time. It is nice to feel useful!

(Notice how you read left to right and the white hat zigs right to the white espresso mug and the handle points toward the brand name! My composition is directing you towards the most important thing;) I think I am really learning something here!)
I am also making a ski video. I am learning how to cut film and put images together and pair audio with it, and I am really excited for the outcome. I think my expectations are a little unrealistic. I am hoping my video is as cool as "That's It, That's All" In my opinion, that is one of the best ski videos out there. I am still researching, but hopefully mine is a fraction as unbelievably awesome as this!
I really want this trip to teach me how to let go of some things I have control issues with and to just let go and go with the flow. Control issues typically feed our insecurities and help to ruin our prospects of being happy. I am a Cancer and we are typically pretty uptight so being out here where everyone just goes with the flow and lets life happen has been amazing. I feel like I have dropped 10 pounds off of my mental psyche and hopefully I keep losing!
I admire those who don't get upset when plans are broken or don't get upset when things don't go exactly as planned. I always wish I could have the personality type who finds beauty in the breakdown and makes the best out of every situation regardless of whether it was perfect or not. I categorize "cool" as to whether you're creative enough to be able to pick up the pieces of a SNAFU circumstance and make it ten times better and more fun than the original idea. I would say 90% of ski bums are able to do that, so let me join the party!
No comments:
Post a Comment