Aalen has an observation tower about a 40 minute walk away from my apt. My roommate and I went and checked it out the other day. It's not a bad walk and the hike isn't anything too bad either once you get over the first 15 minutes of vertical nightmare in the beginning.
We stumbled across this on our way down the mountain. I really hope someone wasn't in there when this event transpired.
On Sundays and holidays they serve beer and have entertainment. How they get this stuff up the mountain is beyond me and it shows real dedication to their love of beer if they're willing to lug it all the way up!
Once you get to the top of the mountain you have just a few more flights of stairs to the top of the observation tower. Half-way through, I figured I would just move into the platform and not have to put on foot in front of the other ever again.
This is the little town I live in!
Scanning from left to right, you will see an orange and yellow house in the background. Those are the apts. I live in. Then the building with the flat grey roof is my school and the tall white building is the Tower. Another dorm, but the rooms are not apt. style. It is also the messier dorm and therefore the stomping grounds for any party you may want to have.
BEER is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!
ReplyDeleteIs that a soccer stadium next to the school?
Hey Dad,
ReplyDeleteYou are correct that is a soccer stadium. I went and saw a game there in late March. It's mainly for regional club teams. You have good eyes for a person who claims to be getting old;)