Saturday, February 26, 2011

Good Bye/Auf Wiedersehen

Alright folks.

I am packed, my plane tickets, money and passport are all neatly organized in my backpack and I have been blessed by a Hindu priest.

My good friend Rebecca, who is coincidentally traveling to Europe at the same time as me, has a 400 page binder that she put together for her 2 week trip. She outlines the exchange rates, has information on threats facing travelers through the US Consulate, different phone numbers, hotels, tourist attractions and much more. I haven't done anything to plan. I am getting off of the plane, holding my breath and hoping for the best. That and getting blessed by a Hindu priest is my plan of attack..

It's funny how different we are.

My morning started at 7 am with a drive to Boston and a flight to NC at 2:40pm. I take off from Charlotte at 8:10pm and land in Germany at 10:50 in the morning. From Frankfurt I board a train to Aalen and am in for a 3 hour train ride. I am sure the scenery will be lovely! Once I hit Aalen I am only 20 minutes away from the school and I get to settle in.

Look at how small my seat was! I am pretty sure they picked this out of a doll house! My legs were in my stomach for the entire 8 hour flight! It was awesome!

My whole life for 6 months fit into one large suitcase and one small duffel bag. I am pretty impressed with myself. I am only taking 3 pairs of shoes, which really impresses me even further!

I am 6 hours ahead of everyone back home, which means I am always in your future;) Just be on the look-out for me.

This is a trip of a lifetime and I am so lucky and blessed to have the ability to go on it. I am looking forward, but thinking of home. North Conway, you take care!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! We'll be praying for safe travels!
    About planning... Everyone's different. I would be the one with the big book and a ton of plans, but I know a lot of people who just enjoy the challenge of not knowing ANYTHING!
    Andrew says you were supposed to come to Orono to say hello?.. And he says hi :)
    Can't wait to hear more about your time in Germany!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the travels went well, can't wait to hear more about Germany.

    ReplyDelete