

I caved and bought myself new snowboarding gear. And as you can tell I am a little too excited! Not to say there wasn't an immediate need. My pants were only good for three runs before they were soaking wet on the butt.
I went into Joe Jones with no intention to buy anything. I was just browsing, but my unexplainable loyalty to 686 brought me down and I bought this jacket. It was the least stupid one out of the entire snowboarding jacket selection. If you want to be photographed you have to wear the most obnoxious colors and patterns and usually because of this, you end up looking really stupid and like you're trying too hard to prove something.
This jacket can't be too offensive and at least my pants weren't lime green! I like it though. For those of you who have seen my Harley Davidson Jacket and know how I walk when I wear it, this jacket makes me feel the same way. The new pants that actually keep me dry and goggles that aren't too big for my head and let wind come through non-stop don't hurt either. Plus I haven't been able to find Spy products out here in forever, so I go nuts when a store actually decides to stock them!
There has been so much to catch up on since I got home! My flight is booked for Germany and now I have to pack, get my finances in order, tie up any loose ends and mentally prepare myself. I am thinking though that since I just bought brand new gear with only 3 weeks left to actually snowboard, I will be doing none of those things until the last second because I will be out on the mountains!
Yeah at least it is not lime green, to bad you are not here to test it out since we finally got some snow. And did you burgle Katie's beanie?
ReplyDeleteWell I am glad you approve! In all honesty I really think a lime green hat would complete the look. A little much? Perhaps, but oh well! No one is selling the perfect hat these days. Which means I should have taken Katie's awesome hat. But I couldn't do that to her. All that stuff comes back around and I figured I would find one at home. Sadly that is not the case!
ReplyDeleteLucky you for the snow. We are bone dry over here. It ALMOST makes you lose your will to live.