Getting into the spirit of my new town, I went to a soccer game. My dorm is next door to a minor league soccer (or football arena as it is known here) arena. Every few Saturdays it hosts a game and every few Saturdays we all get a chance to drink and have live entertainment!
I have always said that my perfect date is a baseball game. You get to have live entertainment during awesome weather, you can hold a beer in your hand in public and you are still able to talk to the person you're with. If you were at a club, movie or concert you couldn't do that! So I took myself to a football game! for 9 euros you can get a standing seat and for 3 euros you can get a beer.
I had no idea which team was home to Aalen and am pretty sure I cheered for the wrong team for the first half and then had no idea that the game had actually ended when it did. It was still a gorgeous 60 degree day and it was something to do so no complaints. I am just really glad I didn't offend any die-hards, b/c there sure were plenty of them!
After the game, we all decided to BBQ American style! The grill out back wasn't so American and neither was the food we decided to prepare, but we still got through it.
While the guy roommates played with fire, I stayed inside and made the side dishes. From there, I received one of the top 5 best compliments of my life! I have an Italian roommate and after he tried my potatoes he told me that I was a "very good cook and that I shouldn't take that lightly coming from an Italian!"
I won't take that lightly indeed! The cooking capital of the world, thinks I have potential!
No comments:
Post a Comment