Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mystery Revealed!

Sarcasm, it's just another service we offer!

My friend from UMaine, Rebecca and her friend from home, Casey made Munich their last stop on their European tour. (Hint hint to anyone else as ballsy as they are, you should come out and visit me!) I met them on Monday and we took a delightful trip to Bavaria to visit King Ludwig II's palace and castle. (Believe it or not, there is a difference.)

You really can't call us tourists. We are more historical detectives and reveal the ugly truth of what history books and tour guides try to hide from us. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.

Linderhof (his palace)
The front doors to his palace.

His palace gardens with a statue of Marie Antoinette at the very top. He loved the French. I mean really, who doesn't!?

Some Bavarian Mts. that surround Ludwig's palace. Not too bad, they almost give Schweitzer Ski Resort a run for their money...almost!

and Neuschwanstein (his castle)
Welcome home to your fairy tale castle King Ludwig! This is the castle that inspired Walt Disney when creating Cinderella's castle in Disney World.

This is inside Neuschwanstein's courtyard

This is the view from Ludwig's castle window overlooking Bavaria.

This was King Ludwig's Parent's abode, the Hohenschwangau Castle. Separation issues are very apparent here as they lived right down a little hill (that we were forced to walk up in order to enjoy the tour) from King Ludwig II's Castle.

The thrilling trip to these bungalows revealed that King Ludwig had striking similarities to Michael Jackson. It became clear by the end of the tour that this royal King was reincarnated as the King of Pop and from here on out I present our case.

King Ludwig II - 1845-1886

1) King Ludwig II is nicknamed the "Fairy Tale Prince" for his dream like existence and the reality in which he created for himself.

2) He never married, but had many torrid affairs with women in Bavaria and one 9 month engagement to his cousin, a Princess of Bavaria, but broke it off and lived the rest of his life in solitude.

3) His sexuality was questioned and it is believed that he had scandalous relationships with women and men.

4) He put in motion a plan to build 4 dream like castles to enjoy, but squandered his money on the first 2 forcing him to borrow money from his Bavarian enemy, the Prussians.

5) Whenever Ludwig would stay at his Linderhof Palace he would place two live Peacocks outside the palace doors signaling he was home.

6) His family declared him mad and unfit to rule and had him removed from the throne.

7) He was found dead with his psychiatrist in a river near his castle. His death to this day still remains a mystery. It could have been a murder or a suicide or just unfortunate circumstances.

Hmmm, I really don't think I need to elaborate any further about the relationship between these two kings. The evidence speaks for itself! But I will just for effect!

Michael Jackson - 1958 - 2009

1) Was deemed to live in a fairy tale world.

2) Michael Jackson had many public relationships with controversial celebrities, including one short-lived marriage to the Princess of Rock and Roll, Lisa Marie Presley!

3) He built his own "Never Land" and alledgedly went bankrupt for decorating and outfitting it.

4) Among the many gaudy and ridiculous decorations Michael Jackson did spend his money on, I am sure Peacocks were in no shortage on his ranch. I also would put my legal expertise and money on betting that he would also do something similar as posting two of these luxurious birds outside his door to signal his homecoming.

5) The public declared Michael Jackson insane and many a time deemed him unfit to be around children.

6) *And here is the real kicker* Michael Jackson was found mysteriously dead and his doctor is a prime suspect for either murder or aiding his suicide.

There is no room for argument here. King Ludwig II and Michael Jackson are the same. I think as students and scholars of the world, Rebecca, Casey and I all got the most out of this tour and interpreted just exactly what our tour guide was telling us.

Of course, this goes without saying, I have the utmost respect for Mr. Jackson. King Ludwig...I am not so sure, I really do think he was crazy, but Michael Jackson was pure talent. Please don't misinterpret me on that one. "Man in the Mirror," "Keep the Faith," "Black or White," "Thriller," and the list goes on and on are all proof that Michael Jackson's talent was not of this world. Perhaps his talent was so big that it not only encompassed the 21st century, but the 19th century as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment