My childhood friend flew out and spent 2 weeks with me in Aalen. Even though she was looking forward to getting to know Germany, I had us hop a plane to Ireland for 5 days. Best decision ever. First of all, Ireland is a country that shouldn't be visited alone and it is a country that should be visited no matter what.
We took over 600 pictures so I am going to to do our trip to Ireland in 3 installments. I sincerely hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
We decided to spend some time in the country side and we booked a tour to see the Cliffs of Moher down the coast of Ireland. The excursion we booked was awesome. It offered stops at several villages, a tour of a family lamb farm and a slice of homemade apple pie in addition to seeing the Cliffs of Moher.
All of this was so exciting that it was completely worth the 5am wake-up call to make the 7am bus. As Sarah and I made our way to the city center to meet our group, we couldn't find the street in the general area in which we were supposed to be. We did however see a tour bus on the street corner so we hopped on and ensured that it was the tour bus heading to the Cliffs of Moher. After gaining confirmation that it was, we settled in for the time of our lives!
After about 8 hours on the bus and finally reaching our final destination to the Cliffs, we realized we hadn't heard anything about the pie (the real reason we booked the trip in the first place;) and we had skipped over certain towns that were mentioned in the pamphlet of the tour. I had mentioned to Sarah that I had a weird feeling about the bus, but she wrote me off. Later on as we were walking along the Cliffs she looks at me and says "you know, I really think we messed up. I think we are really on the wrong tour." And you know what, we were.
After we put 2 and 2 together and checked our receipt of the tour against the tour company we were with we realized that we were on a tour that we hadn't paid for. Thankfully at least we got to see the Cliffs, but we still had to figure out how to get off the bus without being noticed. Once we got back to the city center a few hours later, Sarah and I beelined it off the bus and sunk into the shadows of the city, never to be noticed. Of course the whole time we asked each other how we get ourselves into situations like this. And it has nothing to do with our brains...we are the smartest people we know!
Do you see what I seeeeeee?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Si!
I really hope this conveys how windy it was! There were warnings about the cliff's edges, which typically we wouldn't listen to. Usually we like to push our luck, but for some reason it seemed like a good idea not to. We were genuinely afraid that Sarah would be picked up by the wind, never to be seen again!
The Cliffs of Moher are in the running to be 1 of the 7 wonders of nature.
They definitely have my vote! These things were awesome to see and they were a nice break from the city of Dublin. (What can we say, Sarah and I are creatures of habit. Once a country girl, always a country girl!)
This cow would not stop staring at us.
My favorite country yet! I can't wait to go back and maybe attempt driving too! There is so much to see and the attitude of the people is awesome and so friendly. The country side is gorgeous, the Irish are so bad-ass and the city is so lively!
19 years of friendship and this is only the beginning.
No comments:
Post a Comment